Saturday, April 28, 2007

Money....

Well, I got my state refund check, and my stipend check, and was happy to think that i could eat food other than rice again. Of course, the last week of eating nothing good was due to some very expensive weeks at the bar at the beginning of the quarter. You would think that i would learn, but instead i went out and spent 25 bucks last night. Now, some of that was dinner, but mostly it was just drinks.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy nothing more than going out with some friends and having a few drinks, or a lot of drinks (depending on the friends). Its not the drinking that i so much enjoy more than anything else, but its that i really enjoy being with people.

I have also decided that i will buy a new digital camera with some of the money from my federal tax refund. I'm going to just get one of those really small and thin ones that basically takes snap shots. Any thoughts of doing creative photography as a hobby that i might have once had, are long since gone.

As for the rest of it, i'm going to save some. But i also think I am going to get another tattoo. I should really find some of my artist friends from back home, and see if they have any art that i would like. I'm all about creativity and originality. I've also got a good sense of what types of things i want to go where, but not being super artistically inclined, i dont really have anything solidly worked out.

Want to make some money making me some sweet flash? Email me and i'll let you know what i'm looking for in a chest piece. In other news, i am taking my ears to 6ga, don't ask why, i'm just going to tell you "i dont know, because I want to."

On another note, i've decided that i want to research the process and meaning behind family crests. I know at one point my grandmother had traced down an old copy of ours. But she doesn't know where it went, or what it was. The internet might as well be pointless, because i know that i do not share the same family crest with every other "Falk" in the universe, regardless of how many times they try to convince me other wise.

In any case, I've only got 3 weeks to go before comprehensive exams for this master's. I'd better get back to reading.

No comments: